Saturday, September 25, 2010

It's late...

I started this blog to write about my adventure in going back to college, but I discovered something: I don't like to write. Here I am, an English major, working to become an English Teacher, and I don't really like to write. I'm not sure why. I don't know if it's because I'm super critical of my writing-most writers are, but, in an effort to boost my own ego, I'll share with you that I had a proffessor tell me that most "good writers" are super-critical of their writing. I take that as a compliment to me, and my writing, but I'm sure she just meant in general. Anyway, what I do like, or rather, thoroughly love with all of my being, is reading. I must have a book to read, always. It sounds crazy, but I even enjoy reading my textbooks. That is why I want to be an English Teacher: the written word. Reading. Reading is where it all begins. It's how we learn to express ourselves, talk, problem solve, and...write (not to mention spell correctly)

At this point, I'll try to blog more. Simply because I've wasted tons of time playing stupid games and things on Facebook, etc...Don't get me wrong, I love keeping in touch with friends and family on Facebook, email, etc...but how many fake cafes can 1 person have?

1 comment:

  1. We're all different. Not every English major is a writer at heart; even if that person writes well when she does write.

    For me writing is something that I just do, like breathing. I've always enjoyed processing through my journal, through writing. Now, as to if other people want to read what I write....that's a different issue all together!

    ReplyDelete