Saturday, October 1, 2011

4 days of nothing...

Today is a good hair day. Simply due to the fact that I had much leisure time this morning and was not rushed into a quick flat iron or pony tail.

Every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday are completely open. Well, not completely, but it's not like I have kids to rush to games, or school, or work...Ok, ok. It's not all nothingness. I do have a ton of reading to do (English major, duh!) and Geography of China homework. Yesterday, Friday morning, I went on a field trip with my Geo class-a Buddhist temple, but when I arrived home, there was no one there and I reveled in the solitude. Quiet.

This morning, like most Saturday mornings, I woke up to my neighbor's phone call to either make sure I was up so she could come over for coffee, or have a quick discussion over plans for the day. I drank coffee, finished reading a book for a class, and contemplated my weekly schedule. I joyously listened to the silence, and loved the nothingness. Most of the time, these 4 days are just nothing. Studying, laundry, cooking, solitude. I started reading Shakespeare's Tempest.

Now it's late Saturday evening. After spending the day reading, hanging out with my neighbor, I am now sitting in an empty house...again. My hair is up, Netflix is on.

Sundays are great. Church, lunch with my boys. But this Sunday I'm off to Jen's. A breast cancer walk.

Monday I'm going to try a monkey bread recipe I found online. Read some more Tempest. And Ben Franklin's Autobiography. I definitely prefer Shakespeare.

(By the way, British Lit is my favorite class. In the last class meeting, I got a little excited about what we're reading and my classmate joked that I was possibly born in the wrong century.)

Ok, so there's a few somethings, but I guess it feels like nothing.

I am truly blessed.







No comments:

Post a Comment