Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Look Back...

For my first foray into college...again...it went much smoother than I expected. Along with English and History, I took 4 online classes(12 units total), which was a completely new experience, but got the hang of it quite quickly. I like the online classes. It was easy to manage my time and get the work done and do my mid-terms and finals in my jammies-talk about a dream! Those of you who are close to me know that I thought my History professor was totally hot, so listening to his lectures was quite enjoyable (not to mention that I love ancient Chinese history). FYI: I did NOTmake passes at my professors-absolutely NOT a good idea!

I learned alot about writing in my English class and am very proud to say I didn't get less than a B on any of my essays and got A's on all my quizzes and in-class essays. My online Theatre classes were a different experience. I had to see a play at school and do a 3 page critique on it. It was not an easy task to tactfully say in 3 pages that the play sucked. The play, in itself, is a good play, but the acting was well...it sucked. My prof had some pretty nasty comments on my paper, but I still got an A! I'll take it.
Then I got my first report card: Theatre: A (and I was excused from the final becausse I already had an A in the class), Theatre forum: A, English: A, History: B and I got "Pass" in my 2 computer skills classes. I was quite thrilled! I know I'm just starting out and right now...well...the work isn't really hard. It's just that it's alot of work, but I know that will change. I know (especially with math) it will become difficult, but I'm off to a good start!

1 comment:

  1. You're off to an excellent start! Don't know any student who wouldn't be happy with those grades.

    ReplyDelete